Saturday, January 27

Sofa, so good

It's not really relevant to the show, but we did spend a lot of time talking about it...
Tonight, or rather last night as it is now, a few of us went out to celebrate goodie-goodie yum-yum's birthday. Just producer & secretary, director her & previous director and scud. We had food and drink and goodie-goodie yum-yum had presents and we had more food and drink and then we went back to her mansion and sat around on the floor. Well half of us did. Because she won't buy another sofa. Even though she could fit about ten in her lounge. She wants a chair. Three of us can't sit on one chair. Ah well, never mind. Don'tcha just love her.
Thursday night's rehearsal was great. We did the first four scenes of act two. Town crier kicks it all off and is hilarious. Secretary has now decided that she should be Welsh as the doorknocker. That's hilarious too. I got to do my drunken bit and get seduced by a woman in the street. I also got to do my scene with previous producer playing Mrs Keeble in the Job Centre. And The Ginger One, alias Mort, Albert and Ysabell got to do their fantastic scene where the story of Alberto Malich is revealed. I think director him and director her are enjoying it too. Lots of fun. We are having fun. Isn't it all fun. What fun.

Thought for the day:
'Sofa away from me,
Sofa I just can't see,
Sofa away from me,
You're sofa away from me'
Sofa Away. Mark Knopfler. Brothers In Arms. Dire Straits

No comments: