Monday, January 15

Just another manic monday

Mondays are a nightmare. Busiest day at work. Papers come out on Wednesday. Deadline is lunchtime Tuesday. Most of the work happens on a Monday. I had hoped that by now a planned change to move our publication day to a Thursday would have gone through. We first discussed it in August. Hey-ho. It would make my busiest day a Tuesday. What would that mean? Well, for one thing, it would mean that I could get to all our rehearsals without a mad panic and stress. stress, stress.
I've gone through the rehearsal schedule with director her and director him and pointed out the problem weeks to them. I have already booked a long weekend for February 16-19. This will enable a) secretary and me to get a couple of nights away as a late valentine's trip, b) the two of us to go on to my parents to give my father another computing lesson (he really needs them) and c) me to be at the rehearsal that Monday on time.
Shows involve a lot of time off anyway. Especially when you are either heavily involved in the production/direction side or have a large part. Hmmmn. That'll be ticks in both boxes then. I'm off the whole week of the show, the Friday before and the Monday afterwards. Why? I'll tell you another time. The pics I was waiting for have turned up.

Thought for the day: 'When you're racing with the clock...' The Pajama Game

No comments: