Wednesday, March 21

God bless'em

I just love the OAPs. Every show they turn up, have a good time, enjoy the entertainment, have a cup of tea and biscuits, buy some raffle tickets and then clap everyone enthusiatically at the end. They love everything. At panto they love the smut. Tonight they loved the naughty words. They got most of the gags. They sympathised with Mort, empathised with Ysabell and recognised part of themselves in Albert. It's a great way to start the run.
All sorts of complications have arisen off stage, which I won't go into, but today I was running around all afternoon. Programmes. Pictures for front of house. Warning signs about the pyrotechnics. Posters showing who our fire officers are. I detailed most of it yesterday. To be honest, it's hard to tell what day it is. There were a lot of very obviously tired people around this evening.
I personally had an interesting time. I skipped a bit of dialogue in a scene with the ginger one. I got to wave my teddy, goldfish and tankard around. I had the best version of my scene with previous producer so far. I had the pyro go off up my trousers. I thoroughly enjoyed the big fight scene. But... the support inside the mask keeping my chin away from it caved in so I found myself chewing rather than speaking my way through the lines in the last two scenes.
Anyway, best thing is, here I am ready to go to bed at the earliest time for five nights. Marvellous. And I'm doing lunch with Albert tomorrow. What fun.

Thought for the day: 'There's a child in your eyes, And the child never dies, So keep the dream alive, With the aid of second sight.' Achilles Heel. Joseph Washbourn. Onka's Big Moka. Toploader.

No comments: