Tuesday, March 6

Dazed and Confused

At rehearsal last night producer was about as much use as, well, a not very useful thing. I returned from a long weekend in Berlin with scud, domefur and virtual dildo during the afternoon and was very, very tired. Why? Because I had a little problem sleeping on Saturday night due to the other resident of my room having a ridiculously loud snoring session. Suffice to say I could still hear him with my iPod on turned up to full volume. I ended up sleeping on the bathroom floor...
That aside, it was a magnificent trip. Here is not the place to detail the full story, but a good weekend of footie (Hertha Berlin 2 Bayern Munich 3), sightseeing (Reichstag, Checkpoint Charlie, Brandenburg Gate, Holocaust Memorial) and food (Oscar Wilde pub, a Spanish restaurant on Ku'damm and an Italian restaurant in Charlottenburg).
Now though, it is time to get on with the crucial few days before the show hits the stage. We have three more rehearsals before the dress. OAP show is two weeks tonight. While I was away the set man, dangerous and the rest of the crew got the two extensions to our stage put up. It's nevert big enough for us so we have been adding two 4ft extensions which run the width of the hall onto the front of the stage. Normally we don't get to do this until the final weekend before the show, so it's great to get the chance to rehearse on the full size stage for four extra run-throughs.
Last Friday I had the posters and 5,000 leaflets delivered to the office and on Sunday some of the team walked around in the rain (it was fine in Berlin!) putting them through letterboxes in the village. Town crier got absolutely drenched, so secretary told me... There are plenty more waiting to go out over the coming days. I have the rest of the programme to put together and we have to sort out the pics with 'Binky', DEATH's white horse. Previous producer has lined up one for Sunday - DEATH, Mort, Albert and Ysabell assuming the ginger one can get up for 10.30am. I tried on my costume last night for the first time and it will be finished for Sunday. It should make great pictures.

Thought for the day:
'I had a dream, oh now,
Crazy dream, oh-hoh,
Anything I wanted to know,
Any place I needed to go.'
The Song Remains The Same.
Plant/Page/Jones/Bonham.
Houses Of The Holy.
Led Zep

No comments: