Wednesday, February 7

Making hay while the snow falls

Went to see Hay Fever at the Theatre Royal last night. It may seem as though I am going a lot. Well that's because I am. But there have been four shows in a row that secretary and I have wanted to see so we decided to go. The posse this time was director him, setman, box office and high priest. We had two pull out on the day. As usual we went for a meal at pizza express beforehand. Well everyone except director him. We were sat up in the gods about three rows in front of where we were for The Unexpected Guest. Stephanie Beecham was magnificent.
When the show finished we looked at the pictures in the corridor. I noticed one of a previous production of Hay Fever and box office spotted one for An Inspector Calls, a show he has always wanted direct. I then said I would love to do 12 Angry Men. We went through the list of possible Cast members past and present who might be capable of doing it. We thought of 11. Then we remembered town crier. Set man said in that case we would have to change the title to 11 Angry Men And One Who's Slightly Miffed. That works for me.
Tonight we are reading through the script to give everyone a recording to practice their lines. A few people won't be there, but that doesn't matter. People can read in. Actually I'm not sure whether secretary is going to make it down as she is feeling pretty poorly.
Talking of people not being there, I have this horrible feeling that one or two people may not be here at work tomorrow. They are predicting the heaviest snow in years. Five to seven inches. I have to judge pictures for an art auction tomorrow. I need to be in Wembley by 8.45am. I can see that being a litlle bit of a problem.

Thought for the day: 'Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow...' Doris Day's Christmas Album. Which I bought for secretary this Christmas. She loves Doris.

No comments: