Thursday, February 22

Chocolate

I forgot to say. Lent starts on Ash Wednesday. Albert told me so, quite properly pointing out that I am a heathen. He's a good catholic boy. Well good might be stretching things a little. Apparently his mum always used to tell him Lent ended on Easter Sunday. Then one day he counted out 40 days and worked out it actually ends on Palm Sunday. That's a whole week of eating chocolate he was deprived of for years and years. Outrageous.

Thought for the day:

'If love were liquid it would drown me
In a placeless place would find me
In a heart shape come around me and then
Melt me slowly down
If love were human it would know me
In a lost space come and show me
Hold me and control me and then
Melt me slowly down
Like chocolate'
Chocolate. Body Language. Kylie. I had never thought of it as a religious song before. Funny how you can miss these things.

No comments: